constructing a boomerang
To achieve good results you need the right material; the most suitable
material is plywood which exists of several glued layers. For constructing
boomerangs finnish birch-plywood with 2 layers per mm is the
You need :
plan for the construction with a drawn
foliage-saw / prick-saw
and 180 emery paper
grounding, lacquer (spray-cans or prank-lacquers)
- Make a stencile out of pasteboard
- Transfer the outline on the plywood (for lefthanded use the stencile like a
mirror image); make sure that the copy is drawn on the side of the plywood where
the edge is vaulted upwards.
- Saw the boomerang out
- Draw the profile (lefthanded !! Use the drawing like a mirror image) (See
- Use the clamps to fix the boomerang at the edge of a table.
- Use the wood-grater (later the file) to work out the profile (example for a
profile: see drawing 2)
- Use emery paper 100 to make the boomerang smooth and spread it with quick
- When it is dry, smooth the boomerang with emery paper 180
- Test the boomerang
- If necessary correct the profile
- Protect the boomerang with lacquer.